[OS X Emacs] Zenburn Theme based on Custom Themes

Kao Felix kcfelix at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 14:17:40 EDT 2010

Hello folks,

I was having a hard time trying to get the zenburn color theme, wich I like very much, working on Aquamacs. For some reason, the zenburn.el circulating on the web is a mammoth compared to other color themes that just define a list of faces. Rather then trying to figure out from where some random bugs were coming I've decided to make a cleaner version my own.

I remembered seeing something about custom-themes and decided to try it out. I managed to make a zenburn theme using it and it's working neatly on my Aquamacs install. It also works on Emacs.app.

The result can be seen here: http://bitbucket.org/kcfelix/zenburn-theme.el
And here are some instructions with a screenshot: http://bitbucket.org/kcfelix/zenburn-theme.el/wiki/Home

Also, if anyone can confirm when did custom-themes became part of emacs it would be nice. There's very little information on the internet, besides the manual page, and I had the impression that it entered on emacs 23, but I didn't see anything on the release logs.

--
Kao Félix