[OS X Emacs] Re: How to call "call-process"

Jean-Christophe Helary jean.christophe.helary at gmail.com
Wed May 5 20:13:18 EDT 2010

On 6 mai 10, at 00:54, <siemsen at ucar.edu> <siemsen at ucar.edu> wrote:

> This works and is clearly better, but it smells funny to define a named function when the name is never referenced.  Is there a way to just invoke call-process, without a defun?

Pete,

The 2 existing books on emacs lisp (Chassel's and the Elisp Reference) do not give the reader a good idea of the power and beauty of lisp. Even though the syntax is different I would suggest that you read Paul Graham's Ansi Common Lisp. It is short, very well written and more than that, enlightening.

Jean-Christophe Helary