[OS X Emacs] Turn off *scratch* buffer when Aquamacs starts

Harsha Attanayake ha298508 at ohio.edu
Tue May 18 12:58:26 EDT 2010

Thanks for the respond. I have never really used Emacs. But have been
using Aquamacs Emacs for couple of years. Up to Aquamacs Emacs version
1.9 I had this stopped popping-up. I mean, I turned off the scratch
buffer some how and I don't remember how. With the new installation I
must have replaced all my preferences and customization files, so now,
it has gone back to its default. Which means the scratch buffer opens
up automatically. My guess is there should be a way to turn this
feature off in Aquamacs 2.0, just that I don't know it yet.

On May 18, 2010, at 11:48 AM, David Frascone wrote:

> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Harsha Attanayake
> <ha298508 at ohio.edu> wrote:
> Turn off *scratch* buffer when Aquamacs starts
> I installed Aquamacs 2.0 on my mac and I can’t get rid of the
> scratch buffer. I tried setting the option in
> Preferences>Aquamacs>Aquamacs Scratch File to “nil” and nil without
> quotations, but it just changed the file path of the scratch buffer
> if you want to save it. In the Aquamacs-Scratch-File option it does
> not give me a toggle option as to turn it on or off. Please tell me
> a way to stop opening up the scratch buffer when Aquamacs starts.
> Thanx
>

> I think the scratch buffer open automagically when *any* emacs
> starts.  The only difference I've seen with aquamacs is that the
> scratch is persistant, which, I really like :)
>

> -Dave

  Harsha Attanayake
  Graduate Student
  Edward's Accelerator Lab 212