[OS X Emacs] faster aquamacs ?

Jean-Christophe Helary jean.christophe.helary at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 04:49:25 EST 2010

On 30 nov. 10, at 03:53, David Reitter wrote:

> To start without those, remove all of your own customizations (.emacs, Preferences.el, maybe even customizations.el, and all plugins).

Weird, I did that as well as remove all the preference files at system level but even when I launch Aquamacs from the command line with :

open -a ../Aquamacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs -n --args -q

it takes about twice as much time to launch as any Emacs.app I can get from the net.

Basically when I launch Emacs.app from Spotlight, the app appears almost instantaneously. With Aquamacs, I need to wait 4-5 seconds. That's on a 3ghz Core 2 Duo with 8gb of ram.

Jean-Christophe Helary