[OS X Emacs] mapping for meta key…

K. Richard Pixley rich at noir.com
Sun Oct 3 17:12:24 EDT 2010

  Just as a followup, I've found aquamacs to be completely unusable
because of the strange keyboard mappings and the lack of a simple
approach to repairing them.  I understand that it is probably possible
to get nearly any set of bindings out of it, but what I want are the
bindings that have been common for X11 based emacs primarily, (which
largely overlap carbon emacs, which was a fine port, imo), and most
specifically the location of the meta key.

Some day, perhaps I'll have the time to wade through all the
documentation.  But until then, I'm using other ports.

--rich