[OS X Emacs] Re: one-buffer-one-frame-mode strangeness with Spaces

Ted Middleton middleton.ted at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 15:14:16 EDT 2010

Well, I've had a look at it, and at least I know where it's going
wrong. In Resources/lisp/aquamacs/one-buffer-one-frame.el at line 578
we have:

		(unless (eq display-buffer-reuse-frames 'select)
		  ;; we can't use select-frame-set-input-focus because
		  ;; that would raise the (main) frame over the newly
		  ;; opened one, and we don't want that.
		  (select-frame sframe)
		  (cond ((memq window-system '(x mac ns))
			 (x-focus-frame sframe))
			((eq window-system 'w32)
			 (w32-focus-frame sframe)))
		  (select-window swin))
		ret))

If I turn the "(x-focus-frame sframe)" into "()", this problem goes
away and aquamacs doesn't try to return me to another NSWindow. I
don't know what knock-ons this introduces (probably lots?) but I've
made this change locally and it's working quite nicely for me.

The next problem is that when I dismiss the NSWindow, aquamacs tries
to change the focus to another NSWindow, again, in another Space. I'll
try to hunt down where this is happening.