[OS X Emacs] code highlighting not working in new windows

Iliya Lefterov iliya.lefterov at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 12:10:54 EDT 2010

Good morning,

I have another "version" of the same problem: using distribution 2.1 it is
impossible to customize colors at all; Options-Appearance-Background color
giives me the message "Wrong type argument stringp, unspecified"

on top of everything it happens on i7 MacBookPro, but not on i7 iMac.

Thanks,

I. Lefterov

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Nick Reich <nick.reich at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I use Aquamacs for coding in R using ESS.  A few months ago I
> customized the code highlighting rules (although I don't remember
> exactly how I did it), and since then the first window that I open
> uses the colors that I set.  If I open a new tab in this window and
> then open a new file within that window, the colors are still there.
> However, if I double-click a file in the Finder it will open in a new
> window and anything in a new window uses another (default?) color
> scheme which isn't as good.  Is there a way to make my changes global,
> so that every new window will open with these color highlighting
> rules?
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

Iliya Lefterov, MD, PhD,