[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs / aquamacs cmd line / emacsclient

Jeff Horn jrhorn424 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 19:25:02 EDT 2010

This is also how I've accomplished it. I just set (server-start) at
the end of my initialization file. I haven't installed the command
line tools, at least manually.

Since server-start is in my init file, and since I keep Aquamacs
running all the time, emacsclient sends documents to the open server.
In this case, its the PID of Aquamacs.

If you start emacs from the shell or open up a different windowsed
emacs, you'll get a "server already started" error or something like
that. You can safely ignore it. Nothing is lost so long as you have
one init file and (server-start) is at the end.

Best,
Jeff