[OS X Emacs] tabs in text files

Nick Rothwell nick at cassiel.com
Thu Sep 23 05:41:12 EDT 2010

On 23 Sep 2010, at 10:30, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> I suppose you mean "_by_ linking". Yes it does, and maybe this Tab=M-i thing could be an option for text mode. I don't know.

My elisp-fu isn't that strong these days, but I'm sure there's a one-liner you could put into your .emacs to do that - some addition to text-mode-hook.

Personally, I've got used to text mode doing its funny tab thing, and flip to fundamental mode to get "real" tabs... although I notice that fun-mode now does tabbing to word boundaries as well. I'm sure that used not to be the case...

	-- N.

Nick Rothwell / Cassiel.com Limited
www.cassiel.com
soundcloud.com/cassiel