[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs 2.2 .emacs.el fails after OS X 10.6 upgrade

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 14:06:02 EDT 2011

On Apr 19, 2011, at 2:02 PM, Emil Marceta wrote:
> Thanks - sorted it out finally. After I removed the el-get in the
> ~/Library/Application\ Support/Aquamacs\ Emacs/ Aquamacs is happy
> again. Note : I'm not using el-get currently (it is not required nor
> referenced that I'm aware of). For your reference once again, this
> problem occurred after the OS X upgrade 10.5 => 10.6.

Your 10.6 is likely to be coincidental.  Perhaps you upgraded Aquamacs at the time.

The :name syntax probably requires the `cl' package, and I believe that later versions of Aquamacs no longer load that package.  This is what may have provoked the error message.  Just a guess based on what I've seen here about this issue.

But I'm glad you've got the problem sorted.