[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs: Unmark text after copy command

Doug Kramer doog at google.com
Sun Aug 7 19:08:40 EDT 2011

I use Command z/x/c/v operations.

Command-c copies the text to the clipboard, but the text highlighting (mark)
remains live, so after doing the copy, as I move the cursor to where I want
to paste, the highlight expands to wherever the cursor is.  I don't like
this expanding highlight, and instead want the Command-c action to remove
the highlight (unmark) from the text.

Is there a way to do that?  (It already keeps the highlight from expanding
when I cut, so I just want the same thing for copy.)

My Command-c key is assigned to the key clipboard-kill-ring-save

-Doug