[OS X Emacs] exhaustive list of where all Aquamacs files are?

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 19:06:16 EDT 2011

Andrew,

On Aug 21, 2011, at 10:53 PM, Andrew Naylor wrote:

> Recently I discovered that there were some files from an old Aquamacs installation in /Library/Application Support.  This prompted me to ask: how many different directories does Aquamacs put things in?  It would be helpful to have an exhaustive list to figure out how to completely uninstall/reinstall it.

Aquamacs doesn't put anything into directories except ~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs.  That said, it _reads_ from a number of directories (see manual), including the one you've found.  So it is possible that packages were put in there.

Also, the Plugins we distribute (such as SLIME) install into such folders - I think SLIME goes into the system-wide /Library/App Support/Aq Em folder, for instance.

Hope that helps.