[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs 2.3a problem with scroll bar and mouse interaction

Jack Repenning jrepenning at collab.net
Sat Aug 27 15:46:07 EDT 2011

On Aug 27, 2011, at 8:02 AM, Stefan Vollmar wrote:

> if I left-click on the slider and move vertically while keeping the mouse button pressed ("dragging"), the slider does not move.

In an "ordinary" file, where all lines fit on screen, I have no difficulties, however, if I  use your test case:

> C-h v load-path

.... then, yes, I get something like what you describe. This seems to be because my load-path value is many screen lines (wrapped), even though it's a single text line (no interior newlines).

More specifically, I can drag-scroll just fine to any of these positions:

 - line 1 of file is top of screen ("load-path is a variable ...")
 - line 2 of file is top of screen ("Its value is")
 - line 3 of file is top of screen ("("/Applications/Aquamacs.app/...")

But I can't drag-scroll (though I can click-scroll) to such positions as
 - interior of line 3 is at top of screen ("Library/Preferences/Emacs" "/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs" ..)
 - line 4 of file is top of screen (blank)
 - line 5 of file is top of screen (blank)
 - line 6 of file is top of screen ("This variable is potentially risky ...")
 - and anything below this

-==-
Jack Repenning
Technologist