[OS X Emacs] TextExpander with Emacs for Mac OS X

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Sat Dec 3 14:52:58 EST 2011

On 3 déc. 2011, at 20:03, David Reitter wrote:

> On Dec 3, 2011, at 11:24 AM, Alan Schmitt wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying Emacs for Mac OS X, switching from Aquamacs, and it seems that it does not work with TextExpander, nor with LaunchBar's clipboard history. When I try to use them nothing gets inserted.
>
> (The most recent versions of) Aquamacs contains code to specifically address this problem.
>
> If you find that Aquamacs makes some improvements to Emacs that you dislike, this Wiki page may identify settings to undo these.
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AquamacsEmacsCompatibilitySettings
>
> Perhaps that will help you with the dilemma.

Hi David,

First of all I would like to apologize: I should have been more tactful when saying "switching from Aquamacs". I am really grateful for the work you've done and I find that Aquamacs integration with OS X is great. But with my recent troubles with binding "C-x C-r", I thought I would try another approach: start with plain Emacs and use the prelude configuration (https://github.com/bbatsov/emacs-prelude), which includes many things I use (such as magit or deft). As you can see, I'm discovering the cost of this approach.

So I guess my question is: is there a way to use Aquamacs with prelude? Or, in other words, can I compile a version of Aquamacs that only has the OS X integration, with no extra package (which I would get from prelude)?

Thanks,

Alan