[OS X Emacs] Repost : Disapointed by fonts in Aquamacs 2.1

José Miguel Figueroa-O'Farrill j.m.figueroa at ed.ac.uk
Mon Jan 17 06:50:57 EST 2011

Dear Christoph,

I feel your pain!

I'm not sure what the problem is, but you could always try to change the default font to see if there's another one which looks better.
In the menu go to Options/Appearance/Font for ...-mode, where ... is the present mode of the buffer, and you can change the font using the Mac font panel.  Perhaps this helps.

Cheers,
	José

On 17 Jan 2011, at 11:41, Ruelle Christophe wrote:

> Hello Aquamacs hackers,
>
> I'm trying again to have an answer to my font problem...
>
> Please help ;)
>
> Warm regards,
>
> Christophe.
>
> Début du message réexpédié :
>
>> De : Ruelle Christophe <xtof at xtof.com>
>> Date : 25 décembre 2010 17:36:12 HNEC
>> À : macosx-emacs at email.esm.psu.edu
>> Objet : Disapointed by fonts in Aquamacs 2.1
>>
>> Happy Christmas!
>>
>> I'm experiencing a problem to configure Aquamacs 2.1 fonts.
>>
>> I'm not an Emacs guru, but I managed to get a clean anti-aliased font in Aquamacs 1.5
>> that I've been enjoying for years. setq mac-allow-anti-aliasing nil)
>>
>> I've moved to Aquamacs 2.1 and cannot find a way to get my font back.
>>
>> Here are some screenshots :
>>
>> - Aquamacs 1.5 default font + anti-aliasing : PERFECT
>> - Aquamacs 2.1 default font : blurred to me.
>> - Aquamacs 2.1 default font + anti-aliasing : too sharp for me.
>>
>> How can I get my Aquamacs 1.5 exact font configuration on Aquamacs 2.1 ?
>>
>> Any help will be greatly appreciated,
>>
>> Warm regards,
>>
>> Christophe.
>>

>> <Aquamacs-2.1-anti-aliasing.png><Aquamacs-1.5.png><Aquamacs-2.1.png>

Prof José Figueroa-O'Farrill
School of Mathematics
University of Edinburgh
PGP Key: 0x6A6BD529 (MIT PGP Key Server)

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.