[OS X Emacs] AUCTEX & Carbon Emacs

Jeff Horn jrhorn424 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 12:42:43 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Marinos Koutsomichalis
<marinos at agxivatein.com> wrote:
> I think I am using Cocoa Emacs - I accidentally wrote carbon..
>
> I don' t like Aquamacs to be honest.. I just use it because I haven' t yet setup AUCTex in Cocoa one and it works out-of-the-box in aquamacs,,

Ah, I see. I hated Aquamacs to begin with, until I found out I didn't
much like Cocoa Emacs either. What I've done to make Aquamacs usable
is keep everything in a ~/.emacs.d/ subfolder. Then, I put special
things (like the tabbar) in my Aquamacs prefs file, and I never allow
Aquamacs to save any changes to options. Instead, I use the
customization interface.

Anyway, you might want to download the development version of auctex.
Even better, look at Eric Schulte's starter kit, which includes
auctex.[1]

As long as the directory where auctex lives is in your emacs loadpath,
it should work as you expect.

Hope this helps!

Footnotes:
[1] http://eschulte.github.com/emacs-starter-kit/