[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs 2.3 released
david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 15:09:19 EDT 2011
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I have released Aquamacs Emacs 2.3 today.
Version 2.3 is fast, easy to use and comes with updated support for hundreds of programming languages and file formats. It now supports OS X Services and can be used as external editor (ODB), and is even more reliable than before. The download package is smaller (Intel only, Universal Binary also available). Aquamacs 2.3 is based on the up-to-date GNU Emacs 23.3.
The download is available as usual at http://aquamacs.org/download.shtml .
The changes in detail:
• Compatibility fixes (title and toolbar in windows) with Mac OS X 10.7 ``Lion''. Patch by Bob Halley and Jan Djärv.
• Correct substantial display problems that occured when the cursor type was set to `box' shape. Reported by many people (thanks).
• Enable Services menu functionality. Patch by Jan Djärv.
• Display text behind a filled box cursor in the background color.
• Allow `cursor-type' to be set to (bar . WIDTH) with an arbitrarily large width. Reported by Konrad Podczeck.
• Fix insertion of the Euro sign with Option-e under emulate-mac-*-keyboard-mode. Reported by Viktor Rosenfeld.
• Fix an issue where the selecting another frame by mouse click after selecting a region of text by mouse failed to switch the menu over to the different buffer. Patch by Konrad Podczeck and Chong Yidong.
• Correct ODB support for external editors (``Error during notification''). Reported by Alan Schmitt, Don Morrison, et al.
• Updated ESS (Emacs Speaks Statistics) to version 5.13.
Feel free to get in touch via the Emacs-on-OS X mailing list, or our bug reporting list (as appropriate) in case you have questions or encounter difficulties.
- - David Reitter
http://aquamacs.org -- Aquamacs: Emacs on Mac OS X
http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and support the Aquamacs Project!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.17 (Darwin)
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the MacOSX-Emacs