[OS X Emacs] aquamacs: next "logical" line, not visual line

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Mar 22 13:52:40 EDT 2011

Am 22.03.2011 um 16:37 schrieb Elizabeth Kellner:

> Can anyone suggest a workaround?

I have in the customisation of my X11, NS, and "AppKit" variants of
GNU Emacs 23.x and 24.0.50 this line:

  '(line-move-visual nil)

For me Aquamacs Emacs showed a behaviour that was not close enough to
what I was used, and it was not following my customisation, so I don't
use it. In a correctly working Emacs you could look up help for the
variable line-move-visual (C-h v with text cursor, point, in the
variable's name) and the *Help* buffer would present you a hyper-link
to the customisation interface to set what you think is right.

--
Greetings

   Pete

The best way to accelerate a PC is 9.8 m/s²