[OS X Emacs] fn key and (aqua)emacs

Marinos Koutsomichalis marinos at agxivatein.com
Wed Nov 2 16:16:30 EDT 2011

Hello,

I' m using fn key as 'super' in Aquamacs and I have created various shortcuts to custom-commands using it. All work perfectly

I then ported the code to an older macbook that I use. That model has a 'numlock' function in the keyboard - when you press f6 or when you hold fn you can use various keys to produce numbers or other symbols instead of the proper ones. So for example fn+u -> 4, fn+m -> 0 etc

the problem is that this way my shortcuts are all broken.. When I press for example fn-( (fn-shift-9) aquamacs understand fn-9 instead of fn-( and don' t do anything.. fn-/ is now fn-+ etc

I don' t want to change these shortcuts - I' m used to them. And I would not mind at all disabling this numlock functionality. I googled it, but nothing..

any ideas ???

thx

Marinos Koutsomichalis
Music Research Center, University of York
Contemporary Music Research Centre (CMRC)
www.marinoskoutsomichalis.com
www.agxivatein.com
skype: marinosk_81