[OS X Emacs] environment variable PATH different (emacs shell / Mac's terminal)

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 18:00:34 EDT 2011

On Oct 12, 2011, at 5:48 PM, Marius Hofert wrote:

> they did when I tried to install a certain piece of software.

The repeated paths shouldn't matter at all.  The TeX-related paths could, possibly matter, but you're the first to complain.  Can you elaborate what happened there?

> But after this point and for everyday-use, it certainly doesn't matter. I just was wondering why some paths appear twice and how to get the same PATH as in Terminal.app.

Well, you can set the path to some constant using Emacs Lisp before starting the shell.

Aquamacs adds the above paths unconditionally to enable zero-config LaTeX functionality.