[OS X Emacs] Re: Any Word On Emacs 24?

Piet van Oostrum piet at vanoostrum.org
Wed Sep 14 09:37:47 EDT 2011

Adolfo Benedetti <adolfo.benedetti at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Emacs 24 works fine on osx, I've tested it in Snow Leopard and Lion,
> You can get it via nightly builds from;
> http://bandwidth.porkrind.org/emacs-builds/?C=M;O=D

I tried this one to check a problem that I have with Aquamacs: Curly single
quotes are not displayed properly on Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8, but
also earlier versions). This problem is also present on Aquamacs Emacs
version 2.3a (emacs-version 23.3.50.1), but it is even stronger in Emacs
24. In Aquamacs the opening curly single quote is positioned about
halfway the height of the lowercase letters; in Emacs 24 it is about at
the baseline. Also it seems to me that the quotes are too small,
compared with a comma and semicolon. To demonstrate see the screen
shot. To make it more visible I used a 64 point font. Which font doesn't
matter: it happened to me with all the fonts I tried.

I did this with no customizations (Emacs -Q).

http://pietvanoostrum.com/Images/Emacs24.png
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/