[OS X Emacs] pdflatex: change default nonstopmode?

Hofert Jan Marius marius.hofert at math.ethz.ch
Thu Sep 15 06:52:45 EDT 2011

Dear all,

When compiling .tex documents, there is Command -> TeXing Options -> Run interactively (C-c C-t C-i).
When I open a new .tex document, the default is that it is compiled with pdflatex --synctex=1 -interaction=nonstopmode. One can switch to "interaction=errorstopmode" via C-c C-t C-i. This is nice, but I would like to have the *default* to be errorstopmode, not nonstopmode. How can I change this?

I found LaTeX -> Customize AUCTeX -> Browse Options -> TeX Command -> TeX Expand List. In there, I could adjust the entry Key: %(mode) [by replacing -interaction=nonstopmode by -interaction=errorstopmode]. But then I am not able to switch back with C-c C-t C-i...

Cheers,

Marius