[OS X Emacs] table-mode in Aquamacs 2.3a

Win Treese treese at acm.org
Mon Sep 19 09:29:30 EDT 2011

On Sep 18, 2011, at 2:11 PM, Dr. Johannes Brauer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> short question: Does table-capture not work in Aquamacs?
>
> Trying to convert
>
> 1, 2, 3
> 4, 5, 6
>
> by table-capture I get
>
> +------------+
> |1,2,3       |
> +------------+
>
> It seems to me that there is a problem with recognizing "\n" as row
> delimiter.

Johannes,

Are you using table-capture with M-x table-capture? If so, I think you
need to enter the newline using ^Q^J to quote the newline character
(^J is what emacs uses to denote newline from the keyboard). There's
a brief comment about that in the function help for table-capture, but
it's not completely clear, and there seems to be nothing about this
specifically in the info help.

 - Win