[OS X Emacs] Re: Warning: Desktop file appears to be in use by PID ...

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Thu Sep 22 08:28:17 EDT 2011

Hofert Jan Marius wrote:
> Dear Jack (and others),
>
> A couple of minutes ago, I had an .R file running and it took far too long so I decided to kill it. Since I don't know (so far) how to properly stop a running R process, I used "Force kill" for Aquamacs in the dock. After a new start, the warning then showed up again. But choosing "yes" opened Aquamacs without flaws and all previously opened buffers opened again. I then quit normally and reopened Aquamacs and the warning wasn't there. So maybe it only appears after a hard kill [which one shouldn't do anyway].
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marius

Maybe we are a wee bit off topic (or my post is going to be)...  But, a
long R script can be interrupted with C-g.  That should make emacs
responsive.  If you still need to do more damage to the R process, then
you can visit the *R* buffer and do all sorts of naughty things with the
Signals menu.

Rodney