[OS X Emacs] How to efficiently work with shells/term? drag & drop, history, several instances

Hofert Jan Marius marius.hofert at math.ethz.ch
Thu Sep 22 10:24:59 EDT 2011

Okay, I also tried eshell. With shell, eshell, and term, I can drag-in folders, but that just opens a new tab showing the path to the folder and its contents. Is there any simple way to get just the file path?

Other things:
1) M-x term ask "Run program: /bin/bash". Is there a way to just run it by default (without asking)?
2) How can one open a second or third terminal? C-u M-x term does not work [that's the solution I found for M-x shell].

Cheers,

Marius

PS: Concerning the problem that I can't run any commands with M-x term, I will most likely do a complete new install by the end of next week. I will then particularly pay attention when putting in things (stepwise) in Preferences.el and check when this problem appears. Roughly, I only use autopair, yasnippet, color-theme, some settings for LaTeX, some for R. That's about it. Pretty strange.