[OS X Emacs] ECB context menu in Aquamacs

Nathaniel Cunningham nathaniel.cunningham at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 18:51:40 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:

> > There is a second approach in place to return mouse-3 to its vanilla
> Emacs
> > behavior:
> > In the Aquamacs help/manual, section 4.3 "Customizing Aquamacs behavior",
> > under "Want some GNU Emacs 23 behavior back?" there is a list of
> > Aquamacs-specific settings that can be customized, including "OS X Key
> Mode
> > Mouse-3 Behavior".  Try customizing that setting as described in the help
> --
> > that may allow ECB to behave as in vanilla Emacs.
>
> I tried to follow your reference above, but it doesn't work for me.  I
> have Aquamacs 2.3a, and when I go to "Bringing some Emacs 23 behavior
> back" the whole of the text at that node is:

<snip>

> can you amplify?  What version of the manual are you looking at?

Sure, Robert, though as David points out this might not be the solution
you're after.

The  manual is that for Aquamacs 2.3a.  The subsection I'm referring to is
(the tail end of) "Customizing Aquamacs", which is sec. 4.3 in the PDF
manual.  The Apple Help version is not similarly numbered, but "Customizing
Aquamacs" is a page under the larger heading of "Aquamacs for Emacs
veterans".

It turns out that "Bringing some Emacs 23 behavior back" is a subsection
(4.1) in parallel with "Customizing Aquamacs" (sec 4.3), but "Want some GNU
Emacs 23 behavior back?" is a bullet in the latter subsection.

--Nathaniel