[OS X Emacs] files missing, duplicated, renamed

Peter Salazar cycleofsong at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 13:25:42 EDT 2012

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have an org file, accountability.org, in my "Notational Data" folder.
It's suddenly gone missing. Instead, I have files accountability.1.orgthrough
accountability.7.org. They're mostly the same, except for little things,
like the fact that #+AUTHOR: got changed to # AUTHOR:

I'm using Aquamacs in conjunction with nvALT and Simplenote, so it's
definitely possible the problem is coming from there and not from Aquamacs.
But still, how do I fix it?