[OS X Emacs] Re: [AUCTeX] First try at the Biber support merge

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at math.fsu.edu
Wed Jul 25 14:12:49 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 08:50:36AM +0200, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> Do you have a backtrace, or in what way does it fail?
>
> Looking at the patch, the only function in that procedure that was
> touched is `TeX-command-query', but to me it looks unlikely to be the

Here's the trace on TeX-command-query ("ringstacks" is the file I'm using) if Skim is already running:

1 -> TeX-command-master: override-confirm=nil
| 2 -> TeX-command-query: name="ringstacks"
| 2 <- TeX-command-query: "View"
| 2 -> TeX-command: name="View" file=TeX-master-file override-confirm=nil
| 2 <- TeX-command: nil
1 <- TeX-command-master: nil

At the 2 -> Tex-command: stage, under normal behavior, I should have a
Skim window pop up. What I get is:

View command: (aquamacs-call-viewer 815 "ringstacks.tex")

in the mini-buffer. Then it returns nil.

If Skim is not running, then I get:

1 -> TeX-command-master: override-confirm=nil
| 2 -> TeX-command-query: name="ringstacks"
| 2 <- TeX-command-query: "View"
| 2 -> TeX-command: name="View" file=TeX-master-file override-confirm=nil

and it hangs here until I kill it.

> cause.  Are you sure that the problem doesn't also occur in aquamacs
> without Ken's biber patch?

No, without the patch it doesn't occur.

Thanks,
--Ettore

--
Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University