[OS X Emacs] unrequested X11 opening

Gerardo Oleaga goleaga at gmail.com
Tue May 29 03:28:17 EDT 2012

Hi David

mi version of Aquamacs is the last obtained from the web page:
GNU Emacs 23.3.50.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.8.0, NS apple-appkit-949.54)
 of 2011-10-25 on braeburn.aquamacs.org - Aquamacs Distribution 2.4

running under Mac OS X 10.6.8

I removed the ~/.emacs file and I did not find anything wrong in the Preferences.el file.

Could you tell me where to look? X11 is opened some seconds after the Aquamacs window appears,

thank you in advance,
Gerardo

El 29/05/2012, a las 06:35, David Reitter escribió:

On May 28, 2012, at 3:28 PM, Gerardo Oleaga wrote:

> I have installed Aquamacs on Leopard, and it starts the X11 application from the very beginning.
> I did the same in a Macbook (Lion) and everything woks fine (ie. the X11 application does not appear).
> Do you know how to avoid the X11 launching from the start?

That should never happen.  Which version of Aquamacs did you install?

It sounds like you may have a problem with your configuration (e.g., ~/.emacs file, or some other configuration file as per Aquamacs manual).

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and support the Aquamacs Project!_____________________________________________________________