[OS X Emacs] word wrap in latex mode

Robert Primmer robert.primmer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 08:56:31 EST 2012

I've enabled soft word wrap by default - here's the entry from
customizations.el

     '(auto-word-wrap-default-function (quote set-word-wrap))

which works great for text mode. However, I cannot find a way to enable it
by default for latex mode. Searching online I've found articles that
indicate different ways to achieve this. I've listed the 3 below that I've
found most often.

    (add-hook 'latex-mode-hook 'turn-on-word-wrap)

    (add-hook 'latex-mode-hook
        (defun turn-on-word-wrap () (setq word-wrap t)))

    (add-hook 'latex-mode-hook
       (defun auto-word-wrap-default-function () (setq turn-on-word-wrap
t)))

I've tried each of these, but none seem to enable soft word wrap by default
when opening a .tex file.

Thanks for any pointers!