[OS X Emacs] Opening aquamacs window in a remote session

fatima soomro soomro5000 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 16:17:00 EDT 2013

Dear all,

I have a question about using aquamacs remotely on a mac desktop.

The mac desktop at my work has aquamacs installed; so I log into my desktop from home (from my laptop,mac as well!) sometimes to work.

While logged (with ssh -Y) into my desktop, when I try to open aquamacs, it does not...
Other x-windows have no problem e.g. xclock, and these windows appear on my laptop.

Aquamacs on the other hand, opens a window on the remote computer itself... and not an X window on the laptop I am logged in from!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

- Fatima