[OS X Emacs] multiple instances of aquamacs

Trevor Davies davies.trevor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 15:13:01 EST 2013

Hello,

I've just moved from Linux to Mac and have started using aquamacs & ESS to
run & edit R scripts.

When I was on linux I would open an window of emacs in the terminal and it
would then spawn a separate emacs window for that file and associated
workspace.  If I opened another file in another directory another window of
emacs would also be opened.  I can't seem to replicate this behaviour in
Aquamacs - is it because it is an app based OS rather than window based?

I have opened multiple files and R sessions in Emacs but I find it somewhat
confusing and files don't always get loaded to the correct workspace.  Can
any one provide a bit of guidance here? I looked in the archives but I
didn't have much luck.

Thanks for the help.
Cheers,
Trevor