[OS X Emacs] LaTeX add-hook to remap C-c doesn't work

cytan cytan299 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 22:11:52 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

What I did previously is not the way to do it because if I have any
other key-binding like "C-k C-c", it scrolls up!

IMO, the best way is to discover which minor mode has stolen "C-c" by issuing:

describe-bindings

>From here, I see the reftex has stolen it and so by adding the following hook
 to my Preferences.el file:
(add-hook 'reftex-mode-hook
 (lambda ()
   (define-key reftex-mode-map (kbd "C-c") 'scroll-up)
 )
)

I get back my "C-c" scroll-up preference.

Hopefully this helps others who want to override other key-bindings.

cytan