[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs v2 vs v3 mark behavior

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Mon May 12 14:07:35 EDT 2014

Daniel,

On May 8, 2014, at 10:30 AM, Daniel Stegmueller <d.stegmueller at gmail.com> wrote:
> In Aquamacs 2 you could jump to the end of a line by Apple-left or right. Additionally pressing shift selected that line. I think that's consistent with OSX's behavior. In Aquamacs 3 this behavior is gone (A-shift-arrow key does not mark).

I replicate that behavior.

> Is this on purpose or a bug?

I consider it a bug.  A lot of things changed in Emacs 24, and this Aquamacs behavior was undermined by some of these changes.
Nobody before you complained as far as I can remember.

The code that extends the selection when using shifted movement keys seems complex to me.  Are you familiar with Emacs lisp?  If so, you could take a closer look at diagnosing the problem.  Otherwise - anyone else?

Best,
David