[OS X Emacs] Word Wrap at 70

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at math.fsu.edu
Tue Oct 14 12:24:57 EDT 2014

With a wide screen you can C-x 3 twice: Doc in the middle, nothing left and right. Distraction free mode.

--
Ettore

On Oct 14, 2014, at 11:09 AM, Henrik Grotjahn <mail at hoenn.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>> You can simply split your screen with C-x 3.
>
> That’s it! Doc in the left Buffer, scratch in the right. Perfect!
>
> Thanks a lot, David and Peter!
>
> Henrik
>
>> On Oct 13, 2014, at 11:34 AM, Henrik Grotjahn <mail at hoenn.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> most of the time I use the „Word Wrap“-Line-Wrapping for editing text and get to the desired length of my lines by adjusting the window-width.
>>>
>>> Now sometimes I would like to use the Full Screen Editing. But this produces far too long lines for comfortable editing…
>>>
>>> So, is it possible to have something like "Word Wrap at 70“?
>>>
>>> (Even cooler it would be, if the text then stood in the middle of the screen, not on the left…)
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot,
>>>
>>> Henrik

Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University
1017 Academic Way                *    http://www.math.fsu.edu/~ealdrov
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4510, USA * * aldrovandi at math dot fsu dot edu