[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs 3.1 preview - please download and test!

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 06:41:53 EDT 2014

Dear Aquamacs users,

Over the last days I made some updates to Aquamacs  (chiefly the search function and some basic editing functions) in order to keep it running as usual in light of changes to Emacs 24.

The latest version of Emacs 24 bug fixes have also been merged.

This is the time for you to test the distribution:

http://aquamacs.org/nightlies.shtml

If you become aware of outdated packages, please do let me know, so I can do something about it in time for the upcoming Aquamacs 3.1 release.  I plan to make the new version available around the time when Emacs 24.4 is released.

I feel bad about the poor support for plugins.  I do not have the time to keep updating SLIME and JDEE plugins.   Most of the Java I do is for teaching, and I use Netbeans there.  I haven’t touched much Common Lisp code in a while (though a student of mine does).   We we want to keep the two plugins alive, we need maintainers.  Volunteers, step forward now.

As usual, please inform us if you encounter a bug or other oddities with the Aquamacs preview.

- DR