[OS X Emacs] I can't get Aquamacs to start by default with a mode

Marc Shapiro -- at work marc.shapiro at acm.org
Thu Apr 9 02:47:55 EDT 2015

> Le 9 avr. 2015 à 5h15, Eduardo San Miguel <eduardo at simplej.com> a écrit :
>
> Thanks!! This worked!!
>
> Though I had to delete the grave accent in:
>
> ("\`<!DOCTYPE HTML" . web-mode)
>
> and ended up like:
>
> ("\<!DOCTYPE HTML" . web-mode)

This is probably incorrect.  In a regexp backslash-backquote means "matches the empty string, but only at the beginning of the buffer or string being matched against", that is, the string "<!DOCTYPE" matches only if it is at the beginning of the file.  What you wrote (backslash-lessthan) means "matches the empty string, but only at the beginning of a word",  probably not what you mean.  If backquote doesn't work, try without the backslash, i.e.
	("<!DOCTYPE HTML" . web-mode)

										Marc