[OS X Emacs] aquamacs startup problem

Rick Lloyd richard.t.lloyd at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 07:35:41 EDT 2015

I've been running aquamacs now since 2007 and also start from the command
line. I run under the bleeding edge of macOS (developer license) and,
likewise, install the newest version of aquamacs. I have seen this problem
on occasion over the years although it's not presently occurring.

I run under ksh, starting from inside an iTerm2 window using the following
alias:

*alias aq='/Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs &'*
As you can see, I start the job in the background. It's been a long time
now but I seem to recall this was the bit of magic that finally got me to
come up clean. I know this is anecdotal but you might give it a try.

Rick