[OS X Emacs] Puzzle about quotes in LaTeX mode

Marc Shapiro -- at work marc.shapiro at acm.org
Fri Jan 1 06:10:05 EST 2016

Found a solution (thanks to stackexchange).  Put the following in your .emacs:

	     (setq TeX-quote-language-alist
		   `(("french" "«" "»" ,TeX-quote-after-quote)))

for inserting french guillemets, or

	     (setq TeX-quote-language-alist
		   `(("french” “``” “''" ,TeX-quote-after-quote)))

for inserting standard tex/latex quotes.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to search for a fix to this problem that has been annoying me for a while!

						Marc