[OS X Emacs] customizing down-mouse-3

krokodil at gmail.com krokodil at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 20:35:26 EST 2016

(it looks like my first attempt to sent this yesterday did not went
throughs so I am re-sending this message).

Currently 'down-mouse-3' shows popup menu. In the mode I am frequently use
I would like to re-define it to do something else. I looked at FAQ and
other discussions and it looks like there is no easy way to do that. FAQ
discusses how I can switch back to mouse-3 to its vanilla Emacs behavior:

(define-key osx-key-mode-map [down-mouse-3] nil)

But this is not what I want. I would like to stay with Aquamacs default OSX
key/mouse binding and customize just this one. Some other solutions
suggested elsewhere I tried, also does not work:

(setq osx-key-mode-mouse-3-behavior 'my-function)

(custom-set-variables

 '(osx-key-mode-mouse-3-behavior 'company-coq-toggle-definition-overlay))

(define-key osx-key-mode-map [down-mouse-3] 'my-function)

Any suggestions?