[OS X Emacs] Problem with VM (was Re: Aquamacs preview - high-CPU load issue addressed)

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 21:13:33 EDT 2016

Piet,

> On Jun 17, 2016, at 12:29 AM, Piet van Oostrum <piet at vanoostrum.org> wrote:

> I tried this out, because I have been regularly plagued by this problem
> (as described in http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.macintosh.osx/7238)
> with my Aquamacs 3.0a version. It mostly works well, although I have not
> enough info to se whether it really solves that problem for me.

That was a different problem, which we solved a while ago.

> However, I now have another annoying problem. I use VM (Viewmail) to
> read my email. With the new version, when I read an HMTL email (usually
> multipart/mixed), the cursor jumps to the end of the message rather than
> to the beginning.

I would encourage you to post to the GNU Emacs message board.
Aquamacs contains no modifications to VM compared to GNU Emacs, and since Emacs 24, I’m sure changes have occurred.  You may want to check which Emacs versions 3.0a and 3.2 exactly were based on (see Changelog).