[OS X Emacs] bash v tchs shell and AUCTeX in aquatics

Paul Rathouz rathouz at biostat.wisc.edu
Tue May 31 23:11:20 EDT 2016

Hi — I have been using latex via AUCTeX in Aquamacs.  I am currently running Aquamacs 3.2.  I have been kind of a dormant user, but that is changing.  Recently, I have had some trouble with some of “tex”ing commands in Aquamacs and I am wondering if it is because my default shell for Mac is tchs, and not bash.

Does anyone know if AUCTeX and TeXmode in Aquamacs expect bash and default instead of some other shell? — Paul

Paul Rathouz, PhD
Professor and Chair
Department of Biostatistics & Medical Informatics
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
K6/446 CSC, Box 4675
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792-4675
608.263.1706