[OS X Emacs] Touch-bar?

Tom Van Vleck thvv at multicians.org
Mon Nov 14 17:03:44 EST 2016

> On Nov 14, 2016, at 2:37 PM, David Reitter <david.reitter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What would some useful functions to be to show on the touch-bar that is available on the new MacBook Pros?

I have bound some function keys to various functions in my .emacs since about 1990,
so i would want to continue doing this.

;;; on SunOS, F1 was "help", F2 "cut", F3 "copy", F4 "paste" so i avoided these.

;;; tom's favorite fkeys
(global-set-key [f5] 'replace-string)
(global-set-key [f6] 'query-replace)
(global-set-key [f7] 'replace-regexp)
(global-set-key [f8] 'query-replace-regexp)
;;; the next set of keys has a M- prefix because Mission Control defaults to using the non-meta
(global-set-key [M-f9] 'search-forward-regexp)
(global-set-key [M-f10] 'delete-matching-lines)
(global-set-key [M-f11] 'compare-windows)
(global-set-key [M-f12] 'bump-integer)
;;; bump-integer increases the integer surrounding, or to the right of, the cursor by 1