[OS X Emacs] Terminal loses focus when I use 'emacsclient -t'

Eamon Doyle eamon at cornercase.net
Tue Sep 13 16:48:12 EDT 2016

Hi all.  I’m trying to set my EDITOR environment variable to ‘/Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/emacsclient -t’ so that when I run a git commit, I can type my commit message in the terminal using Aquamacs without having to open a new instance of emacs.  However, when I do this, after the terminal opens the text client, the graphical Aquamacs window takes focus.  Is this expected behavior?  I would think that the terminal window should keep focus for the duration of the interaction.

Thanks
Eamon