[OS X Emacs] Problem following restart

Pete Siemsen siemsen at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 20 11:45:48 EDT 2016

I used to encounter a similar problem, here's my notes about it:

If Aquamacs starts and goes "beep", and won't open windows, and when you
click on its icon it goes "beep" and does nothing, it may be that you have
a junk frame-positions file. Aquamacs remembers where your windows (frames)
are. If you were using multiple displays, and had windows spread around,
and now you only have one display, Aquamacs gets confused. The solution is
to quit the brain-dead Aquamacs, delete the file named
~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs\ Emacs/frame-positions.el, and restart
Aquamacs.

-- Pete