[OS X Emacs] question about "emacs" command

Pete Siemsen siemsen at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 20 12:56:36 EDT 2016

I just upgraded to Aquamacs 3.3, and reinstalled the command-line tools. I
notice that when I use the "emacs" command, I get errors because my startup
file has things like this:

(setq obof-other-frame-regexps (remove "\\*Help\\*"
obof-other-frame-regexps))

The error is

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable obof-other-frame-regexps)

  (remove "\\*Help\\*" obof-other-frame-regexps)

  (setq obof-other-frame-regexps (remove "\\*Help\\*"
obof-other-frame-regexps))

  eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil
"/Users/siemsen/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs/Preferences.el" nil t)
; Reading at buffer position 3310

I assume I should fix this by adding an "if" around the setq, like "if I'm
in window mode, do the setq".

What variable tells me that I'm in regular window mode, not started by the
"emacs" command?
-- Pete