[OS X Emacs] Babel dictionary installation

Stephen Anderson sra.linguist at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 21:29:06 EST 2017

I have been getting the following warning lately when editing English text: “Flyspell-babel warning: no dictionary installed for english”. And accordingly, on-the-fly spelling correction has stopped working. How do I fix this? Where do I find the relevant dictionary (I’m pretty sure that I have a variety of relevant dictionaries somewhere on my system) and how do I get emacs to recognize that it’s there?

Thanks for your help,

--

Steve Anderson