[OS X Emacs] scrolling in Aquamacs 3.4 preview

Jamie Taylor Jamie.Taylor at pobox.com
Mon May 21 20:14:10 EDT 2018

Thanks for the pointer, David.  I didn't manage to find any way to
get true OS-native scrolling behavior, but I think I got closer.
I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say this works *well*, but to me,
at least, it feels *better*.  Your milage may vary.

(defvar progressive-scroll-decelerator 4)

(defun my-scroll-down (&optional amt)
  (if amt
      (scroll-down (/ amt progressive-scroll-decelerator))
    (scroll-down)))

(defun my-scroll-up (&optional amt)
  (if amt
      (scroll-up (/ amt progressive-scroll-decelerator))
    (scroll-up)))

(setq mwheel-scroll-down-function 'my-scroll-down)

(setq mwheel-scroll-up-function 'my-scroll-up)

(setq mouse-wheel-progressive-speed t)

Jamie