[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs and macOS Mojave

Alan Hoyle alan at alanhoyle.com
Tue Oct 23 16:59:56 EDT 2018

Maybe found a different bug:

if I run "aquamacs -q -Q" it dies and gives me the Usage message for the
"open" command.

$ which aquamacs
/usr/local/bin/aquamacs
$ grep open /usr/local/bin/aquamacs
  } elsif (open my($tfh), '>', $f) {
 # if the sudo emacs is still open, it will
 # call 'open' and open the files in the wrong
    # we can only call "open" with existing files.
    # that's why we create them just for the "open" call.
    system('open', '-a', 'Aquamacs.app', @args);
$

It seems that last line should be something different.  It should be:

    system('open', '-a', 'Aquamacs.app', '--args', @args);

I fixed that in my /usr/local/bin/aquamacs and it gets by that issue.

After fixing that, my aquamacs starts if I do aquamacs with-q and/or -Q but
not without.

Any hints on troubleshooting my config?

--
  -  Alan Hoyle  -  alan at alanhoyle.com  -  http://www.alanhoyle.com/  -