[OS X Emacs] [aquamacs-devel] Aquamacs 3.5 coming soon -- test now

Win Treese treese at acm.org
Thu Jul 25 12:15:14 EDT 2019

Hi, José. I wasn’t familiar with dired-open-mac, and it’s not in the Aquamacs distribution.

I found a definition for it on https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CustomizeAquamacs:

(defun dired-open-mac ()
    (interactive)
    (let ((file-name (dired-get-file-for-visit)))
      (if (file-exists-p file-name)
          (shell-command (concat "open '" file-name "'" nil)))))

I tried that in the current nightly build, and it seems to work OK.

Is this the function you are using? What kind of file are you trying to open? The code seems pretty straightforward, so it seems odd that it fails.

- Win